Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Can't Cover Everything by Myself!


I have recently discovered that a WebQuest will be an awesome tool to cover material that I have not been able to reach this semester. Currently, I have spent quite a bit of the beginning of this year teaching Greek myths but at the cost of having to limit the number of stories. For some reason, I get too caught up on just a handful of stories, and I can't get to as many as I would like. There are simply too many to choose from and so little time.

To solve this minor problem, I have decided to create a Greek Mythology WebQuest. My objective is to design a basic storage facility for students to activate in order to expand their knowledge on the content. I think it's a perfect idea, especially since I've mentioned that they get to help me pick activities and visuals online.

Hopefully, I will be able to work on my fourth quarter theme, Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet." But for now, I'll just focus on one at a time.

1 comment:

mnrivera said...

Vito,

Indeed, the Web Quest will prove useful in your lesson planning! Good luck as you explore the different web sites/resources on Greek mythology!

-Dr. Rivera